WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Suesblues is an independent platform with a focus on arts and culture, wellness and op-eds.
We are looking to give writers and journalists a voice and a means to contribute original content that provokes thought and encourages open mindedness and discussion.
We are interested in exceptional writing. We seek out writers who are honest, raw and are interested in expanding awareness and offering unique perspectives through their work.
We are seeking integral contributions from local independent journalists and writers who are focused on exceptional craftsmanship and avid detail to the content they create.
We want to make a difference by sharing stories that don’t get the voice or platforms they deserve by exceptional journalists and writers who are wanting to make an impact.
WHEN TO SUBMIT
Suesblues welcomes paid writing submissions all year round.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE PITCHING
- We do not solicit your writing.
- We encourage pitches from published and unpublished writers and journalists of all identities.
- Work must be original and will only be considered if it is unpublished.
- We will not consider writing that has already been published in English, whether in a book, magazine, newspaper, or accessible on any other online platform or community.
- Articles must be a minimum of 750 words.
- We have a 1,500 word limit.
- We are interested in thought provoking articles on arts and culture, wellness and op-eds; we do not publish academic essays.
- All work is read and approved by our editors.
- If your pitch or article is accepted you will be notified by an editor and given details for next steps.
- Your work will have a link to your bio or portfolio wherever that is housed on the internet.
BEST PRACTICES AND SOME REQUESTS
- Please send only one pitch or one submission at a time.
- Please do not resubmit a pitch that was not accepted.
- Feel free to submit the same pitch to other magazines simultaneously. If your pitch is accepted elsewhere, please submit a withdraw request – with the subject line withdraw.
- We will give you confirmation of your accepted pitch within 3 days.
- An editor will advise you on next steps and submitting your completed article.
WHERE TO PITCH
If you’re wondering, ‘where can I submit my writing online?’ Email your submission to email@example.com.
All submissions are considered for online publication. The rights to the work belong to you and your work is clearly labeled and linked to your own bio or site. You will be designated a contributor to the suesblues.com platform.
We do not currently pay for submissions, but are working on this actively and will in the future be offering payment for work.
Early contributors will be most relied on for regular contributions.
We do also accept video content – short feature stories that are original and have not been published elsewhere.
Pitch us your idea.
We currently do pay for video submissions. Pitch it and if it’s accepted an editor will contact you and go over all the details.
Book reviews with a special bent, interesting facts, revisiting authors, experts, ideas in the arts. We love new perspectives on trending topics and offering little known details. We love sharing about new up and coming trends and happenings and other things of importance.
If you have a cool story idea or know of something awesome going on – pitch it.